We are Meadow Gold Dairies, a part of Dairy Farmers of America's DFA Dairy Brands ean Foods family. Meadow Gold has been an integral part of downtown Boise for many decades—and we are proud to continue this tradition.
We offer competitive wages and excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, short term disability, union pension and company 401(k), accrued sick leave, and accrued vacation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced individual to join our Operations Team here in downtown Boise, as a Mechanic's Apprentice in our Maintenance Department.
This is a regular, full-time position, regularly scheduled for 40+ hours per week. The schedule for this position is Sunday-Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday, from 10:00pm until 6:00am
Under direct supervision, the Apprentice Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for repairs and maintenance. The Apprentice Maintenance Mechanic works with the assistance of a Maintenance Technician, Lead Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager when performing technical and diagnostic type repairs.
- Assists Mechanics when extra hands are necessary during lifting and positioning
- Prepare work areas for Mechanics: transfer tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from work areas
- Examine and test machinery, equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning
- May complete repairs and replacements under the direction of a Mechanic or Maintenance Manager
- Perform preventive maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating tools and plant equipment
- May, once certified, operate a forklift or other material handling equipment.
- Maintain accurate and complete records, document all work performed appropriately and location.
- Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to supervisors.
- Ensure all paperwork is clear, complete, legible and accurate in accordance with SOPs.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Processes.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience preferred but not required.
- Experience with commercial truck repair preferred.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, bend, reach, crawl required for virtually the entire shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and assist others when lifting is required.
- Must be computer literate, and have experience with engine, ABS, transmission, etc. diagnostic equipment and software.
- Must be able to work in a dusty, greasy environment with moderate noise. Includes outdoor work but mostly indoor temperatures ranging from 50° to 85° but lower when testing or making repairs within refrigerated units.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).