- Assumes personal responsibility to insure a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adheres to all safety policies/procedures and incorporates safety and health in all job’s duties/tasks.
- Adheres to safe work practices, follows GMP’s, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained. Reports any conditions or practices that may adversely affect employee safety or food safety/quality to management immediately.
- Attends and actively participates in safety meetings/trainings.
- Insures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Prepare invoicing for payment
- Process Papetti Hygrade Egg Products & Michael Foods invoices, credit memos & expense reports.
- Ensure appropriate Internal Order / Cost Center & General Ledger coding on each invoice.
- Review documentation submitted for payment in accordance with corporate policies and guidelines.
- Forward invoices without purchase orders to appropriate sources for approval.
- Verify appropriate payments made to vendors by checking quantities and prices on invoices against purchase orders created by the Purchasing department.
- Retain invoices and backup documentation for permanent records.
- Resolve discrepancies by responding to vendor requests for information.
- Research past due invoices and statement balances.
- Prepare worksheet for set up of new vendors in SAP and submit to Corporate.
- Research, prepare and submit to Corporate any void check information.
- Responsible for assisting in month end accounting close process by providing clerical support.
- Assist in the sorting and dispersing of accounts payable mail to the appropriate personnel.
- Complete required excel worksheets for the accounting department as needed.
- Complete month end accounts payable accrual for open invoices.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION:Level 4 Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:Level 4 Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Examples of licenses, certificates, and registrations required:
Level 5 Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, fractions, ratios. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Level 5 Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Two (2) year Accounting degree or 2-3 years Accounts Payable experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word or other Windows applications.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- SAP knowledge is a plus
- Customer service capabilities
- Ability to work indoors in normal office setting for duration of shift.
- Ability to answer phones and receive pertinent information