CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities.
We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees#39; opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
This position is responsible for providing corporate level processing of invoices, AP/AR issue resolution, banking and account reconciliation, and outstanding balance tracking.
The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to the Controller and will provide corporate level support to all levels of the organization.
In this position, you will:
- Process full cycle accounts payable
- Enter invoices into the accounting system, match invoices to purchase orders, ensure proper documentation is attached, and process the invoices
- Research and resolve invoice and payment discrepancies
- Reconcile month end vendor statements
- Process ACH payments, check runs, and cash management wires when needed
- Upload positive pay and ACH files to the banking system
- Perform daily banking reconciliation
- Load weekly & biweekly payroll funding to bank accounts
- Manage business credit card balances, status, and new credit card application process
- Administer user credit card set up in banking system for card use and balance viewing
- File monthly sales and business and occupation taxes for multiple states
- Process Texas Agricultural Registration number renewal
- Manage Annual 2290 Heavy Use Tax filing process - with site support
- Manage annual 1099 filing process with the IRS and vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate or bachelor#39;s degree in accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in AP, AR, accounting, or finance roles
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office and accounting systems
- Experience working with Concur, NetSuite, or related accounting systems is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication, attention to detail, problem solving, and analytical skills
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon
Compensation and Benefits
- Market competitive salary
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical
- 401(k) plan
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life
- A paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
CSS Farms is an EOE.
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.