The SG&A Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for developing the budget, forecast and reporting for Sales, General and Administrative Expenses for the Mizkan America organization. In addition, this position provides support in financial reporting, detailed analysis, interpretation and evaluation of a variety of information to identify issues and other implications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for developing the budget and providing the actual, forecast and plan reporting for Sales, General and Administrative (SG&A) expenses for Management and Corporate departments.
- Provide budget owners detailed understanding of their expenses and coordinate balance of year forecast to be within the approved plan.
- Execute value add analysis including deep dive analyses, headcount modeling, consultancy tracking, early read on period end results, etc.
- Take ownership of SG&A performance during close process by performing detailed comprehensive review of expenses within assigned cost center(s). Communicate results to business leads.
- Collaborate with business owners regarding SG&A performance drivers vs. forecast and plan to ensure that spend is aligned.
- Provide support to the broader finance organization by contributing to the development and ongoing maintenance of a newly implemented BPC reporting system.
- Lead to coordinate business processes and presentations for SG&A activities.
- Set-up, maintain and report on SAP Internal Orders for Marketing and Research & Development Groups at Mizkan.
- Develop and maintain a similar process for these groups in AX.
- Additional support for ad-hoc analysis and special projects as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS/BA in business related field, MBA/CPA is a plus.
- 3-5 years of hands-on finance / accounting experience with strong financial analysis and planning experience.
- Strong computer skills in SAP, BPC, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, (Microsoft AX and Management Reporter is a plus).
- Self-motivated individual with a strong understanding of profit and loss statements as well as solid analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Solid team player, ability to multitask and deliver on priorities.