Lactalis Heritage Dairy is currently seeking candidates to join our new team in Chicago.
Lactalis Group, the world leader in dairy, is a family-owned business with more than 85,000 pragmatic and ambitious professionals worldwide, committed to providing healthy and delicious dairy products that bring people together every day. At Lactalis, our core values of AMBITION, ENGAGEMENT and SIMPLICITY are at the heart of everything we do.
In September 2020 Lactalis announced an agreement to acquire the natural cheese division of Kraft Heinz in a transaction that is anticipated to close during the first half of 2021. This new business, called Lactalis Heritage Dairy, will be headquartered in Chicago.
If you re looking for a unique experience with a company that offers strong brands, professional expertise, and a dynamic work environment that champions entrepreneurial spirt, hands-on responsibility and real opportunity for career development, we want to hear from you!
Lactalis Heritage Dairy: inviting you to share with us your STORY, your PASSION, and your EXPERTISE
The Commercial Finance Analyst is responsible for monitoring the full P&L (Industrial/Milk Intake, Logistic and Commercial/Marketing) for Lactalis Heritage Dairy. They will drive and challenge technical performance such as pricing, promotions, marketing expenses and SG&A and provide primary explanations to help the Sales teams to achieve their commitments. This role forecasts data trends for the overall business and makes recommendations to improve profitability. The Commercial Finance Analyst also develops, produces, and improves weekly, monthly, and yearly reporting.
Technical Performance Management
- Challenge and monitor the P&L indicators, which include:
Volumes and mix, Prices, trade and promotions, Pricing power analysis, marketing budget and overheads
- Challenge and influence pricing strategies by making recommendations through simulations to improve profitability
- Produce and report how performance is tracking against the budget, prior year and forecast
- Ensure accurate monthly marketing, trade, and promotion expenses are in compliance with the annual plan
- Prepare a monthly financial report to be presented to CEO, CFO and VP of the commercial business unit
- Perform accurate financial forecasting (for full commercial P&L) and work closely with the Sales team
- Forecast volumes and provide insight to the S&OP meeting,
- Challenge prices (NSV), promotion, trade, marketing, and overheads
- Be a primary support and work closely with the Sales team to provide financial analysis and root cause analysis of the result
- Serve as a business partner for Key Account and Sales teams on all P&L related questions
- Identify and communicate risk and opportunities for the full commercial P&L (volumes and mix, prices, trade and promotions, marketing budget and expenses)
- Ensure system data follows required processes and are uploaded in a timely manner
- Support Sales team on budget construction and serve as a voice of Finance in the decision making during budget meetings
- Lead, challenge, and monitor the commercial business indicators: volumes and mix, prices (NSV), pricing power analysis, trade and promotion, expenses (marketing, overheads)
- Consolidate budget of the full P&L
Ad Hoc analysis
- Support the Sales team on P&L activities and provide ad hoc analysis: price, margin, and profitability simulation to Sales teams to help the decision making on the commercial business
- Gather data for new projects and perform financial studies for new launches