Job Posting Title:
Ammonia Technician III - 2nd Shift
This is a skilled technician#39;s job and includes all phases of machine maintenance and repair such as electrical, mechanical, refrigeration, welding, machining of parts, hydraulics, or pneumatics. This also includes lubrication, general service and preventive maintenance of machines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Two years experience in boiler and compressor operations;
- Knowledgeable in industrial electricity;
- Two years experience in industrial refrigeration;
- Ability to perform ammonia check and repairs;
- Knowledgeable in environmental safety, PSM, ammonia refrigeration and PHA;
- PSM training;
- Respirator/SCBA fitness certification; or ability to obtain
- Garden City operator training;
- HVAC and refrigeration certification; EPA 608 Refrigerant Universal Recovery Certification
- Troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical equipment associated with the facility;
- Use of computer to complete PSM documentation, PM Completion and regulatory reporting.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all company policies, plant rules and regulations, and safety rules and regulations as detailed in the Employee Handbook;
- Comply with FDA,OSHA,EPA, and all other regulatory agencies;
- Adhere to good manufacturing practices to prevent product contamination;
- Work overtime as required; and
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience in order to possess the following:
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and safety data sheets (SDS)
- Ability to understand verbal instructions
- Ability to read and write to safely utilize lockout/tag out and confined space entry program
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English both orally and in writing.
Experience (Length and Kind)
- A minimum of 5 years#39; experience mechanical experience in refrigeration
- A maintenance/skilled trades person with 5 years ammonia verifiable refrigeration experience
- Strong hands-on experience with PM Programs incorporating CMMS
Special Knowledge, Abilities, Skills
- Physically able to occasionally lift/carry 100 pounds. Physically able to walk/stand 100% of work time. Must be capable of following safe procedures for working/climbing on, near and into refrigeration and Utility equipment for inspection, troubleshooting and repair.
- In order to qualify you have to pass an interview and a written exam.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.