Troubleshoots and maintains ammonia freezing & cooling systems in Santa Maria
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains ammonia freezing & cooling systems ensuring the cleanliness and safety compliance of the ammonia refrigeration equipment, performing proactive maintenance, working closely with Lead mechanic, and keeping supervisors informed of system issues.
- Must be able to dawn a respirator, work in low temperature environments while troubleshooting and repairing freezer equipment.
- Proactively seeks methods of improving systems by communicating with other system technicians within and outside the company.
- Complete PSM, RMP, and CalARP programs required documentation
- Works with management to ensure effective organizational design and that roles are correctly organized, defined, documented and communicated to all employees.
- Ensures effective safety procedures, tools and record keeping are managed through site leadership.
- Adheres to company GMPs (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and five years of related experience and/or training. RETA certification a plus. Electrical back ground with three phase circuits and motor controls a plus.
Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Manufacturing environment experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of ammonia freezing & cooling systems. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and be proficient with MS Excel software. Experience with Ceridian is beneficial.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Approximately; 100% of work is performed in an agricultural or manufacturing environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicants consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
An Equal Opportunity Employer