Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
LOCATION: Downers Grove
JOB TITLE: AM. Part Time Weekend Only Equipment Cleaner
WORKDAY GRADE LEVEL: H004C
BASE RATE PER HOUR: $18.00
## OF OPENINGS: 1
HOURS: 5:45 am – Finish
• Must disassemble, clean, and reassemble production equipment, requiring understanding and retention of set procedures and the ability to detect variations from standard.
• Must work in steam room (hot environment).
• Must maintain assigned areas according to set sanitation standards.
• Must have some mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to work without close supervision.
• Ability to operate a forklift truck and pass licensing requirements.
• Must move product scrap containers throughout plant as needed (requires pushing/pulling up to 800 lbs.).
• Must operate a floor scrubber.
• Ability to work from heights on a ladder.
• Must remain on job for one year due to training requirements.
• Analyzes equipment performance and submit work orders describing problems of the equipment and how it relates to inferior production of product.
• Insures all SQF, HACCP, CTS, Safety, and Hygiene standards are adhered to.
• Communicates thoroughly with the previous shift's equipment cleaners regarding unfinished task workload and or special requests or requirements.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists management in solving work problems.
• Develop action plans and ensure follow through on obtaining objectives for the department
• Complete/close out SAP work orders daily
• Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Analytical – Ability to properly prioritize work, including a basic ability to understand mechanical functions of equipment and basic sanitation techniques.
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification to ensure understanding is reached within the communication
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively, Able to read and interpret written information and work procedures
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans daily work assignments including MS , Uses time efficiently
• Safety and Security – Ensure safety procedures are met; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly; Attend weekly pre-shift meetings on safety.
• Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
• Stand for extended periods of time
• Use hands, fingers and arms to reach, feel product and manipulate materials and equipment
• Walk, stoop, climb, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear
• Ability to use senses to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull heavy loads on wheeled dollies
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, hot/cold temperature extremes, high industrial noise levels, forklift traffic and wet environments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to comply with all safety regulations, support plant safety initiatives, proper operating procedures and utilize prescribed safety equipment such as safety eyeglasses, safety shields, gloves, earplugs, respirators, and approved footwear.
Ability to deal with a changing work environment and high-pressure situations. Must be able to work in a team environment.
This position may require overtime as deemed necessary to support operations activities.
Must stay on the job one year.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.