Want to deliver the Ultimate Chocolate Experience?
Click Apply to get a taste of how sweet a career at Godiva could be.
SUMMARY: Places a variety of candy in finished product trays. Performs any combination of duties such as, but not limited to: pick, place, sort, inspect, and pack candy and supplies. Verify UPC and day code, place inserts, stickers, lids, etc. Make shipping cases and palletize. Code or label. Decorate and tie finished products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Check daily scheduling book for position on line.
- Inspect and place assorted candy pieces in packaging trays on the belt, at various belt speeds.
- Place and position trays and boxes on belt, place lids, and tie ribbon or cord on product.
- Verify automatic pad and brochure placement, video jet coding, and UPC-Price stickers.
- Check weight of product, periodically, to maintain correct standards.
- Make cases, line case with liner, and place boxes as required for shipping case.
- Collects re-usable cardboard, paper, etc.; supplies x-pack bags and removes bags when full.
- Supply bases and middle pad denester as required.
- May be required to set up and operate ribbon cutting machine or ribbon cutting board as per standards, and record ribbon usage and discard; return excess to warehouse.
- Assist with line changeovers during the shift.
- Inspect candy for quality, following QA guidelines, and weigh and pack x-pack bags.
- Hold pad for shrink machine operation if necessary.
- Perform cherry and nut drop as per scheduled on production lines.
- Pack candy from wrapper machines into 031 or 032 cases as scheduled.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP), Policies, and GMP s.
- Assure adherence to Food Safety Requirements and Work Instructions.
- Train new employees as required.
- Comply with all safety policies, report safety violations, and attend safety meetings.
- Report problems regarding food safety to supervisor or manager.
- Maintain home department in a clean and orderly manner.
- Perform other related duties as requested by leader / supervisor.
- Required to work until end of production shift daily.
- Will be required to be trained as a back up in other roles.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10 s and 100 s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved, written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle objects. Reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Routine/4+ hours daily Pushing/Pulling 10 25 lbs., Reaching Forward (.22 ),
Sitting, Standing, Twisting, Reading
Frequently/ 2-4 hours daily Walking, Reading
Rarely (Once/Day) Lifting/Carrying 10 25 lbs., Pushing/Pulling 10 25 lbs., Climbing-Legs Only (Stairs), Bending Over, Squatting/Crouching, Reaching Above Shoulders
Twisting of Head and Neck
Grasping Light, Right and Left
Grasping Firm, Right and Left
Repetitive Use of Hand, Right and Left
Finger Dexterity, Right and Left
Vision Far, Near, Color, Depth Perception
Radial Deviation / Ulnar
Pronation / Supination
Extension / Flexion
Perform under Time Pressure, Make Independent Decisions, Variable Type of Work
Overtime/ Working more than 5 day/week/Working more than 8 hours daily
Afternoon or Night Shift
Routinely/4+ hours daily Moving Machinery (Conveyor Belts)
Rarely (Once / Day) Temperature (Cold Temps)
NON-STANDARD PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Routinely/4+ hours daily Rubber Work Gloves
Rarely (Once / Day) Hearing Protection
Pre-Assignments: Math Test, Physical Ability Test, HACCP Test, Vision Test, Audiometric Test
Godiva and affiliates, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.