Moves skids of candy and supplies to proper areas for packaging and wrappers to run production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Job will require supplying up to 9 wrappers and the Thurlings Auto Bagger and /or supplying 031 skids of candy and supplies to packaging line to keep line running efficiently.
- Notify Leader or Supervisor of potential problems to prevent down time.
- Communication with Set Up position for placement of skids, and possible changeovers.
- Ordering and recording supplies, communicating their availability, and verifying correct MOA and quantities received.
- Recording 031 product and day code in recall book.
- Recording quantities of excess candy and supplies, and returning the supplies and candy to proper storage areas.
- When needed, assisting in other areas of Packaging, Bindler, Sollich, Oka or wherever needed based on business needs.
- Follow all GMP Guidelines ADDITIONAL DUTIES:
- Weighing and recording pig scrap.
- Recording returns to vendor; counting and returning unused supplies and recycled cardboard to warehouse.
- Checking line for product fulfillment and helping to locate products as required.
- Wrapping completed skids of product, verifying and placing production ticket on skid(s), and transporting skids from pallet lift to distribution pick up area.
- Following all standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Training new employees as required.
- Complying with all safety policies, reporting safety violations, and attending safety meetings.
- Maintaining home department in a clean and orderly manner.
- Performing other related work duties as requested by Leader / Supervisor.
- Required to work until end of production shift daily.
- Other duties may be required by the Lead, Supervisor or Manager based on business needs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to add and subtract three or more digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10 s and 100 s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving many concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, handle objects, or tools or control. Reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
At Least Once Per Day:Reaching forward, up to 22 , reaching above shoulders, twisting, squatting, crouching
Sometimes/Up to 2 Hours Per Day: Use of Computer
Frequently/2-4 Hours Daily:Lift/Carry from 51-100 pounds, reading, writing
Routinely/4 + Hours Daily: Pushing/Pulling 550-840 pounds with manual power jack, standing, walking, bending over
Vision:Distance, Color, Depth Perception
Grasping: Firm, both right and left
- Perform Under Time Pressure
- Make Independent Decisions
- Variable Type of Work
- Working more than 5 days/week
- Work shifts greater than 8 hours
- Afternoon or Night Shift
Routinely/4 + Hours Daily: Cold temperatures, hot temperatures, moving machinery, working alone
USE OF NON-STANDARD PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)/FREQUENCY:
Sometimes/2 hours daily:Latex Rubber Work Gloves
Routinely/4+ hours daily:Steel tip shoes, Slip-resistant shoes