Home Market Foods (HMF) is a dynamic enterprise that has become the market leader in a number of prepared meat-based meal and snack categories. The company has grown substantially across its markets through excellence in innovation, manufacturing, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by its ownership group and an expanding team of world-class executives. HMF is building on this track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF#39;s business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for its customers and team.
We are based in Norwood, Massachusetts, which is comfortably within the Boston metropolitan area. HMF#39;s facilities include a state-of-the-art plant, and R&D facility, as well as warehouse and Corporate functions. We are focused on continued growth and are executing against various initiatives that include additional product lines, new sales channels, greater penetration of our extensive customer relationships, as well as opportunistic acquisitions. Our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our functions. To this end, we are posting for a strong Accounts Payable Specialist.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong accounts payable and accounting skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and attention to detail, team spirit and excellent communication skills.
- Audit paperwork to confirm accuracy of information, such as invoice and purchase order agreement, and reconciliation of receiving documents with invoices and purchase order
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies discovered during the audit process
- Enter approved invoices in the Navision ERP system
- Reconcile purchase orders that have been received but not invoiced on a weekly basis
- Pay vendors in accordance with terms and bring to the attention of the department supervisor and manager any issues that need addressing
- Match vendor checks to paid invoices
- Utilize accounts payable and related modules in NAV to check invoicing and payment status as needed
- Maintain unapproved invoice files for month end accounts payable accruals and related journal entries
- Maintain positive communications with vendors and internal company personnel
- Assist with other accounting department related functions including month end close, year-end financial audit, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in accounts payable and/or accounting
- Solid understanding of general ledger and GAAP accounting practices
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environmental helpful, but not necessary
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, and accounting in an ERP environment
- Ability to work independently and be pro-active
- Excellent communication skills a must