Applicant is responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties according to established policies and procedures. Primary responsibilities include reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment. Process encompasses matching P.O.’s and receiving paperwork to original invoice and G/L coding before input into the system. Applicant must be organized, have great follow up skills and be detailed oriented. Experience working with accounts payable in a retail and/or wholesale environment required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All matters listed herein are considered to be essential job functions. There may be other job functions which are essential, but are not listed below. Also, Borden Dairy Management may revise this description at any time deemed necessary.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment. This includes matching purchase orders (P.O.’s) and receiving paperwork to invoices.
- Apply the proper general ledger (G/L) coding to the invoice.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Input all payables for scheduled check runs.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research price/quantity discrepancies and take corrective action to resolve the discrepancy.
- Correspond with vendors and answer inquiries as needed.
- Post all journal entries and accruals at month end.
- Review and issue tax exempt certificates to vendors as needed.
- Perform other accounting duties as requested by management.
- Candidates with AP experience in JD E & Ross (AS400) systems are preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The applicant should have a basic knowledge of skills needed to operate standard office equipment including personal computers, copiers, fax machines and accurate10-key and typing. Applicant needs to have familiarity with the accounts payable process, general ledger codes, internet and Adobe reader. In addition, applicant needs to possess good analytical and EXCEL skills, have strong follow-up and follow through capabilities with superior attention to detail and have the ability to perform at a high level in a fast paced environment.
AP experience in JD E & Ross (AS400) systems & advanced Excel skills are preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, college level accounting classes or Accounting Degree preferred. Applicant must have three years plus of accounts payable experience, in addition to AS400 and /or green screen experience. ROSS, JDE and/or SAP financial system knowledge will be beneficial.
Applicant must possess the ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels. Bilingual communication skills are a plus.