This position is responsible for managing the timely and accurate processing of invoices and sustain trust as an exceptional service provider and adviser. This position is responsible for leading the AP staff, including hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, supervising, and setting goals. This position will lead projects and efforts to continuously improve processes, systems, and controls and provide metrics and analytics to support business goals and objectives.
Leadership and Supervision
• Supervise, lead and coordinate the activities of department staff.
• Provide feedback, support, and coaching in the development of staff.
• Provide direct supervision providing work direction, performance reviews, salary recommendations and appropriate discipline for poor performance
. • Communicate effectively with management and business partners to ensure the highest level of collaboration and trust.
• Utilize a risk-based approach to identify process inefficiencies and underlying root causes, and implement solutions
• Effectively communicate and escalate issues and information to management on a timely basis
• Develop and record processes and best practices to advocate, share with, and educate team members and stakeholders.
• Provide input on the design, build, and test phases of the AP function within system projects.
• Review and approve banking activity and sales and use tax returns.
• Oversee vendor maintenance, W9 compliance and 1099 reporting.
Analytics, Metrics, and Compliance
• Develop and prepare meaningful performance metrics to identify process gaps to improve results • Develop and prepare key performance indicators (KPI#39;s) for management
• Continually assess processes and controls to ensure efficient and effective design and operating effectiveness to meet strategic objectives and compliance with policies and regulations.
• Maintain process and control documentation for SOX compliance
• Bachelor#39;s degree Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
• 4+ years of experience in accounts payable or financial shared services
• 2+ years supervisory experience
• Accounts Payable Certifications
• In-depth knowledge of accounts payable within Microsoft Navision and Dynamics, Concur Invoice and AvidPay.