Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for providing effective reporting tools to management in order to help assist our Company in achieving top quality products at the lowest cost.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises and assists the plant accounting staff in achieving the department’s responsibilities in compliance with all Internal Control Accounting policies, such as: processing payroll, completing daily and weekly production reports, and verifying and submitting direct invoice payments to Corporate.
- Completes the weekly and monthly production and management reports.
- Completes and analyzes the monthly standard cost of each existing product code and generates a standard cost for each new product code
- Completes the required monthly Agristats data
- Prepares monthly journal entries on maintenance, packaging, operating supplies, and ingredient usage.
- Performs internal auditing and control procedures by doing physical inventory counts, petty cash audits, payroll and timecard audits, fixed asset verification, and balance sheet reviews.
- Participates as a member of the plant QIT and Complex QIT.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- 3 - 5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Must have excellent computer skills in Excel, Access and Word
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good planning and problem solving skills
- Supervisory experience; experience in manufacturing; cost accounting, SAP and continuous improvement concepts.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another. May need to access files, supplies and equipment.When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db. to 110 db.May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.