AAK USA, Inc.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER-Louisville, KY
Making Better Happen for 150 years
At AAK, our company purpose is Making Better Happen and we have been doing it for 150 years. We specialize in sustainably sourced plant-based oils that are used by major manufacturers in making products that we eat and use every day, products you love, like chocolate, veggie burgers, candles, cosmetics, lotions, organic products and more. We are seeking colleagues who want to be part of our ambition to make a better environment and be a better neighbor in our communities. Everything we do is about Making Better Happen together
At AAK, we are Making Better Leadership Happen and inspiring our 4,000 colleagues globally. We are looking for leaders who are passionate about innovation and continuous improvement to mobilize teams, manage change and drive the business. Our AAK Global Leadership Universe platform provides career resources including a strong collaborative network with other leaders
Join us in building a better future with us as an Accounting Manager for our Louisville, KY food ingredients manufacturing facility. The Accounting Manager manages and reports all the accounting activities. This position ensures that all accounting activities are delivered to management timely, accurate and in compliance with USGAAP. This position plays a crucial role reporting cost and inventory analysis as well as and following the receipts and movement of our crude oils.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares monthly financial reports to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Ensures that financial reports comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Provides proper reconciliation of all Balance sheet accounts.
- Oversees Accounting operations, which include financial accounting, inventory management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, intercompany transactions, cost analysis and payroll.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Reviews budget reports and assists other departments to prepare annual budgets.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Identifies and recommends updates to accounting processes and procedures.
- Monitors material expenses for accuracy as recorded by Purchasing into ERP accounting system and post entries.
- Oversees and maintains inventory, sales items, and General Ledger (G/L) accounts in ERP.
- Develops/utilizes various M-E inventory evaluation schedules for closing procedures.
- Manages Banking/cash functions:
- Initiate wire transfers.
- Perform as an administrator on bank accounts.
- Inquire/void/copy check issues.
- Makes G/L entries for M-E and Y-E closings in ERP.
- Performs cost accounting and cost analysis
- Monitors oils purchases, consumption, and settlements accruals.
- Develops/uses ME inventory evaluations.
- Provides cost information for newly developed products.
- Maintains workflow of employees in the department.
- Implements training for new hires and identifies training opportunities for current staff.
- Performs functions of all members of accounting department (including manager) when necessary.
- Promulgates accounting principles to other disciplines when required.
- Performs other duties/analysis as tasked by the controller.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 5 years of corporate financial accounting experience required including g/l
- 2+ years of accounting staff supervisory experience
- 2+ years’ experience performing financial analysis is a plus.
- Manufacturing cost accounting experience a plus
- Excellent/ Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- CPA/ MBA preferred
- Strong team player.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US without sponsorship, now and in the future
Your rewarding career and benefits include:
- Leadership development, e-learning and tuition reimbursement programs offering potential for you to progress your future career
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental and vision) starting date of hire
- Health Savings Account with AAK annual contribution of $1,000-$1,500
- 401(k) Plan with 100% match
- Free Life and Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection and Legal Insurance Plans
- Discounts on travel, amusement parks, concerts, movies, and more
- Celebrations, events, and activities on site and supporting our communities
- Amazon AwardCo recognition incentives for service and peer to peer recognition
We take responsibility, together with you, for health and safety and for creating a workplace that values diversity and inclusivity. Our leadership is committed to unleash your potential. We believe that a diverse team brings new perspectives and ideas to the table and motivates us to Making Better Happen in everything we do together. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and foster a work environment that’s welcoming and accepting so that anyone who applies or joins AAK has equal access to opportunity.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen™