This position is responsible for processing Accounts Payable vendor invoices. Working with several remote divisions to ensure that all invoices are properly approved & merchandise received prior to payment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities\:
Assist Shared Services Department in all accounting related areas as needed. Includes but is not limited to the following\:
- Ensuring that all appropriate approvals are received prior to payment of vendor invoices
- Processing of AP invoices
- Experience with 3-way matching in automated environment
- Attaching appropriate backup electronically
- Entering recurring invoices and expense reports
- Follow-through on updating vendor information
- Reconciling vendor statements
- Analyzing goods received not invoiced (GRNI) issues
- Review and analyzing On-Hold Reports
- A/P Reconciliation
- Back-up for other areas as needed
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Two-year Accounting degree and/or equivalent experience.
Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills\:
Candidate must possess at least two years experience in AP and data entry; outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and be proficient with MS Excel software. Knowledge of and working under SOX compliance and have worked in a Shared Services environment preferred.
Working knowledge of automated accounting system is essential. Experience in Oracle Finance R12, Microsoft Dynamics (DAX), and/or AP automation applications is preferred. Experience with TIN##, W2s, and 1099; multi state sales and use tax is a plus!
- Understanding of Accounting principles
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and organized with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and adaptable to change
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high volume, multi-tasked environment
- Professional and courteous communication via email and telephone
- Speed and Accuracy
- Team spirit and goal oriented