Griffith Foods is a global manufacturer of food products. We provide a wide range of taste and texture components for food industry customers throughout the world. Our products include seasoning blends, dry mixes, coating systems, dough blends, crumbs, flavors, sauces and food bases that are used in an extensive variety of application from snack foods and processed meat and poultry to ready meals. Our customers include food processors, restaurant operators and grocery retailers. While our name may not be familiar to consumers, our products are key components of foods offered by many of the world s best-known companies.
Protein Processor Account Sales Director Ontario Region
Manage and grow profitable sales for the Protein Processor segment, in line with our purpose-driven strategy. Make a positive contribution, enabling Griffith Foods Canada to continue to grow and operate in an effective, efficient and profitable manner, and deliver on our purpose to blend care and creativity to nourish the world.
- Reports directly to the V.P. of Sales, Protein Segment of Griffith Foods Canada on an ongoing basis and communicates all relevant matters pertaining to sales.
- Executes action plans to maintain core business, identify new business opportunities aligned to our purpose-driven strategy in target segments and categories, and to grow total profitability of business for the assigned business unit / territory.
- Prepares annual business plan: business strategy, account strategies, action plans to improve profitability.
- Builds relationships with customers at all levels.
- Partners with internal stakeholders including Marketing, Finance, R&D and Client Services to meet and address customer needs.
- Manages negotiations with clients and customers regarding pricing, cost delivery and special promotions.
- Lead and communicate territory forecasting, pricing, margin and resource needs.
- Prepares and submits business analysis and business reports.
- Coordinates plant audits, training seminars, client presentations, plant trials, plant tours, and sensory evaluation requests.
- Represents Griffith Foods Canada at trade shows, conferences, conventions, sales meetings and training courses.
- Monitors, manages and controls business expenses.
- Investigates and reports on competitive activity.
- Participates and contributes to new development projects, new products, and technologies.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date customer files.
- Provides weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports of activities and sales volume.
- Participates in special projects, other duties or tasks that may be assigned as required.
- Ensures the health, safety, cleanliness, and security of the work environment.
- Ensures compliance with all product safety, legality and quality requirements.
- Understands and complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Minimum 5 years experience in food industry within Protein Processor or Industrial Sales-Required
- Animal protein and alternative protein technical/processing aptitude is a strong asset
- Experience working remotely within an assigned territory
- Extensive understanding of top line sales and profitability
- Knowledge of bottom-up budgeting and forecasting
What We Offer (*):
Health and Group Benefits (100% of premiums paid by Griffith foods)
Education reimbursement program
Life event recognition and on the job recognition
Generous defined contribution retirement plan
Career development and growth opportunities
Annual wellness allowance
*please note that terms and conditions apply
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Griffith Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please let us know at the time of your scheduled interview.