Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Following established procedures and working under the direction of the Plant Services supervisor, clean and sanitize on a scheduled basis the full range of bakery production equipment and facilities to meet inspection standards.
- Partially disassemble, clean and sanitize a variety of bakery production equipment such as mixers, divider, rounder, molder, laminator, cooling tunnels, and packaging equipment.
- Reassemble equipment, performing minor preventive maintenance, and check for proper operation.
- Clean and maintain a variety of product and material handling equipment such as dough troughs, storage racks, utensils, and waste containers. Clean up spills of any kind.
- Clean and maintain exteriors/interiors of: mixers, flour holding bins, syrup holding tanks, ovens, chocolate tanks, enrober, bottomers, lyebaths, and all other assessable equipment that is "floor secured".
- Use all cleaners, sanitizers and other chemicals in accordance with the instructions on label or as defined by supervision.
- Use all equipment in a safe manner utilizing all prescribed safety precautions/tools/devices.
- Maintain sanitation supply area and equipment in a clean orderly manner.
- Inform supervision of all safety hazards and of any equipment/tool needs.
- Follow safety work rules and complete job tasks in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
COMPLEXITY AND SCOPE
- Candidate will possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Job requires working from overhead lifts and ladders.
- Forklift, blood borne pathogen cleanup, dust mask use, powered industrial equipment (PIE) training and physical and fall protection certifications are required.
- May require lifting, up to 50 pounds and participation in respirator program.
- Prior cleaning experience in a food plant is desirable.
- Weekend work is required and changes in working hours may occur.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HS Diploma or GED
- Frequent exposure to plant environment (noise, heat, machinery).
- Must be able to work any shift and job requires shift rotation.
- Frequent weekend and holiday work.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.