Job Title: Production Supervisor 3rd Shift -Fresh Meat Processing Supervisor
Reports To: Plant Manager
Salaried Exempt Positions
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
- Responsible for the day to day operation of fresh pork meat cutting and packaging production.
- Responsible for accurate documentation of required paperwork to assure that all personnel are following safety procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for starting production/floor line on time
- Responsible for completing production schedule
- Responsible for all HAACP documentation required
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of product quality
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Supervises personnel in areas of responsibilities.
Monitor employees for compliance in required safety guidelines (general safety rules, PPE, lockout-tag-out).
Verifying that all personnel are following food safety, GMP, and HAACP procedures.
Providing accurate information for all required documentation.
Provide accurate product specific information.
Develops, mentors and coaches assigned personnel.
Assures that areas of responsibility are being staffed according to labor standards.
Identifies ways to reduce raw material losses and potential savings in process improvements.
Prepares a detailed end of shift report that communicates what occurred during said shift.
Ensures in maintaining good housekeeping practices to provide a safe working area for all employees and reduce any food safety concern.
Review spec sheets and schedules for each item being produced that day and the following day.
Review line set up before each shift and/or change over. Reviewing all special instructions, communicating any material issues. (Shortages, changes and/or defects).
Work with other supervisors to gain knowledge and help problem solve opportunities out on the production floor.
- Communicate and enforce company policies
- Record personnel attendance
- Issues disciplinary actions per company policy as deemed necessary
- Attend meetings as required
- Maintain an excellent attendance record
- Communicate problems, improvements, or changes with supervisors and managers of opposing shifts and plant wide
- Complete and report any accidents, first aids near misses to safety department and HR
- Any other duties as deemed necessary
KNOWLEDEGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (Qualifications)
- Ability to train, mentor and coach line personnel and new hires
- Ability to communicate effectively, factually, and candidly
- Ability to plan and develop effective training procedures
- Must be able to be a team player
- Must be able to think outside the box and problem solve to better current and future state
- Must have computer skills, Word, Excel, Outlook, familiar Kronos, or other time tracking software
Leads through positive influence. Manages as one-team; demonstrates strong character and role models qualities such as motivation, inspiration, good judgment, and trust.
Executes with Excellence-Action driven, results oriented; always chooses product quality and food safety over production. Can be counted on consistently to meet or exceeds goals. Always meet or beat the schedule.Provides clear and strategic direction to his/her line of operation and personnel.