Want to deliver the Ultimate Chocolate Experience?
Click “Apply” to get a taste of how sweet a career at Godiva could be.
To analyze and correct electrical problems and overhaul electrical equipment and controls. Utilize advanced electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills to efficiently diagnose and repair production machinery, analyze equipment functions, support and complete changeovers and recommend upgrades to improve productivity and reliability.
Participate in the installation, programming and start-up of Plant systems and equipment as assigned.
- Locate and diagnose complex equipment failures including mechanical, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems;
- Generate, complete, and close work orders using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Follow all GMP, HACCP and Safety regulations and guide lines
- Communicates and/or escalates serious equipment issues to department leadership
- Coordinate efforts of plant personnel and outside contractors to complete repairs, installations modifications etc.
- Studies, reviews and utilizes vendor technical manuals, publications or updates, as needed, to remain familiar with all changes or modifications to equipment.
- Will also be part of mechanical teams on major installations, working with other trades such as machinist, pipefitters, etc.
- May be called upon to do temporary or long-term repairs in other areas of Plant Maintenance such as, pipefitter, HVAC, boiler room, etc.
- Responsible for daily maintenance and changeover of all process and packaging machinery.
- Identification and specification of repair parts as needed.
- Completion of preventative maintenance and inspections as scheduled.
- Responsible to efficiently and effectively changeover, troubleshoot and repair production machinery, as well as assist other technicians in that effort when necessary.
- Recommend modifications to production and process equipment which will extend its usable life, enhance its function, or make it more safe and efficient.
- Under limited supervision, analyze, troubleshoot, install and repair electrical and mechanical systems on industrial manufacturing equipment;
- Comply with all safety policies, report safety violations, and attend safety meetings.
- Report problems regarding food safety to supervisor or manager.
- Must have completed or currently be enrolled in Mechatronics technical education program with certification, or similar A.S. or B.S. Degree.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis.\
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in related position or field
- Specialized electrical, mechanical, HVAC or refrigeration certifications preferred.
- Food or Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write & as well as Microsoft Office products
- Ability to communicate clearly, explain equipment maintenance or repair needs to management technicians and other employees.
- Candidate should be a motivated, highly skilled, multi-disciplined electro-mechanic capable of troubleshooting automated preparation and packaging equipment in a quick paced manufacturing environment.
- Must be capable of demonstrating ability to read schematics, perform preventive maintenance routines, diagnose electrical and mechanical problems, perform equipment safety audits, repair gear boxes, panel boxes, remote control equipment, motors, power and lighting controls and has a basic knowledge and understanding of logic controllers and other electrical devices. AC, DC,24V-480V
- Ideal candidate will be proficient in PLCs, HMIs, and other high-speed automation electronic equipment from Allen Bradley, Siemens, or other equivalent manufacturers
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently, work as part of a larger team, good communication skills, competency to work with personal computers (Microsoft) and a willingness to learn.
- Additional on the job trade skills considered: Hydraulics, Pneumatics, HVAC, Steam, Refrigeration, Machining, Welding, Fabrication
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Manufacturing environment
- Frequent lifting up to 60 lbs. and standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Candidate must be able to work from an elevated platform.
Godiva and affiliates, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.