The Freezer Operator is responsible for operating, adjusting, and monitoring the Freezers, Darifill, Fruit Feeder, variegate feeder and other production equipment as needed in a safe and efficient manner. Freezer operator adheres to all Villa Dolce Gelato processes and procedures while also ensuring that GMP’s, Food safety and Quality standards are met. This position also serves as vacation relief for production personnel.
· Be on time, in uniform and ready to work at your scheduled time.
· Facilitates on target start-up times
· Act as a lead to the shift supervisor
· Follows all GMP requirements at all times and assists with ensuring other production workers are as well.
· Maintain sanitary equipment and conditions, including working with sanitation to ensure that all equipment is clean and sanitary prior to use.
· Responsible for understanding, operating, adjusting and monitoring Tetra Pak freezers, Darifill filler, fruit feeder, and variegate feeder, including but not limited to pumps, pressure, speed, viscosity, mix flow and overrun.
· Flavor and evaluate all finished product as needed to ensure proper quality specifications.
· Completes production paperwork correctly and legibly
· Knowledge of production lines and the set-up required for each product.
· Ensures the production area is audit ready at all times
· Communicates with the batchers to ensure product is ready when needed
· Trains general labor personnel as needed to ensure accuracy and efficiency
· Upholds expectations and sets an example for production associates
· Ensures proper labels are used during the production process
· Ensures accurate and timely completion of paperwork
· Assist in production when needed and when time allows
· Engage in all packing and production related activities.
· Coordinates with warehouse to ensure proper packaging and quantity is on hand.
· Performs other duties/tasks as needed.
· Responsible for understanding sanitation processes and performing the appropriate sanitation function as required, such as sanitized rinse, sanitation flushes, CIP, and COP processes.
· Demonstrates proper handling of chemicals.
· Completing the daily paperwork, as required.
2-5 years ice cream and/or dairy manufacturing experience is required.
Must be proficient in English.
Must be able to run a commercial ice cream freezer.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.