With 5 manufacturing plants across the US and Canada, this company produces healthy, vegan, and vegetarian products: tofu, meatless burgers, veggie mix, soy drinks, and other soy-based products distributed through retail grocery.
- Open the newest plant as a hands-on Sanitation Supervisor to lead and maintain the cleanliness and food safe environment of this manufacturing facility and equipment.
- Lead, train, and develop the sanitation team to wash, clean and sanitize processing equipment and plant safely and efficiently. Sign-off that sanitation is performed to standards.
- Manage and maintain the supply of cleaning chemicals required for the cleaning program and in compliance with OSHA and FDA regulations.
- Enforce the policies and procedures for food safety and hygiene.
- Work with management on compliance issues and recommendations to improve processes. Develop training program related to sanitation and company best practices.
- Record all sanitation activities to include inspections, violations and resolved.
- Work with QA to implement GMPs and HACCP procedures that relate to cleanliness, food safety and pest control within the plant.
- 2+ years sanitation supervision experience in food, beverage industry.
- Experience and knowledge in food sanitation operations, procedures, chemicals, and program standards.
- Experience working within a GFSI facility. Understanding of GMPs, HACCP, FDA, and OSHA requirements.
- Work Schedule 40 hours: 5 Days a week, 3:00PM to 11:30PM.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary, shift hours may change with advance notice.
Hourly Rate: $24-$26 + Overtime, medical, dental, vision (on first of the month after 30 days of work, 80% paid by employer), 401(k) and PTO after 3 months. Advancement opportunities.