Production Manager, 2nd Shift – Elk Grove Village, IL
This position is responsible for the Plant Management activities for our 2nd shift production floor, this includes production, sanitation and shipping.
Grecian Delight Foods is looking for the best of the best to supervise all second shift activities while coordinating with first shift department managers to insure continuity of priorities. You must want to not only achieve all company standards for production and quality but we are looking for you to help improve and refine as well. The safety and security of all personnel and company assets should also be a ##1 priority.
If you are looking for a great new environment to take your career to the next level, be a part of a hard working team, and a family environment – reach out to us today!
Typical hours for this role would be Monday thru Friday 3pm to 12am; schedule may have a need for flexibility with start/stop times, overtime and weekends would be as needed on a rotating manager on duty schedule.
What you are gonna be doing…
- Responsible for products meeting finished specifications and/or process control parameters (verify conformance to specifications)
- Ensuring all GMP’s, HACCP, SOP’s, SSOP’s, CQP guidelines are being met on shift and all employees are adhering to safety regulations and policies
- Working to train, educate, enforce and administer all company rules and policies
- Work with HR to insures proper staffing levels in all areas
- Work to decrease accident incidents, cost savings, waste reduction, increased throughput, and reduced maintenance costs
- Maintaining a high level of department moral, open communication with employees, and motivating employees to perform at their maximum capabilities by an exemplary leadership example
- Enforcement of all disciplinary action, employee conflict resolution, as well as positive reinforcement
- Participate in Quality and HACCP meetings as needed
If You Have…
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience in Leadership role in a FDA regulated Food environment
- Previous union experience – preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint), QlikView, Infinium system and Linker system is a plus but training is given when needed
- Must have OSHA, HACCP, SQF, FDA and other Food Safety guidelines
- This is a Plant floor position so you much be able to walk and stand for prolonged periods, lift up to 30 pounds and work in hot and cold environments
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees at GDF – from the plant floor to the CEO effectively and clearly in both written and verbal situations
Why Grecian Delight Foods?
Grecian Delight Foods is the leading marketer and manufacturer of Greek and Mediterranean foods for foodservice, national chain and retail grocery, specialty and warehouse club businesses. With two facilities in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, Grecian Delight Foods manufactures and distributes specialty meats, flatbreads, dips, spreads and sauces.
At Grecian Delight Foods, our people are our greatest asset. We value the well-being of our employees and provide exceptional benefits. Here at Grecian Delight Foods, we know you should like where you work, and have created an environment that fosters creativity and friendship, here are some reasons you should consider the GDF Experience!
- Medical, Dental and Vision options for you and your family – we offer packages for you and your family, all packages are ACA compliant!
- Matching 401(k) Plans
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long-term Disability Programs
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- On-site Fitness Facility
- Flexible Work Hours
Position does not pay relocation