For more than half a century, we ve focused on a single mission at Custom Culinary: to create the finest-quality, most authentic bases, sauces and gravies for our foodservice and food processing customers. Developed by our culinary specialists to deliver made-from-scratch taste and inspired results in just minutes, our products bring exceptional aroma, flavor and consistency to all your signature dishes. True Taste begins with Custom Culinary.
Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for delivering packaging material supplies to the packaging area utilizing Powered Industrial Trucks (P.I.T) and/or other lifting devices. Supports Packaging Line Operators in the proper staging of packaging materials.
Major Duties and responsibilities:
- Operates and maintains electric powered equipment in the delivery of packaging material supplies to the mixing area.
- Supports Packaging Line Operators by proper staging packaging materials (corrugated, jars, pails, lids, etc.) in accordance with the daily processing schedule.
- Removes unused pallets and discarded packing items, (bags, pails, drums and corrugated) from pack areas and properly discards them in compliance with company and regulatory guidelines.
- Transports blended product to coordinate storage, QS review or processing requirements.
- Remove unused supplies/material from process area and transport the material to the required storage rack or area.
- Ensures proper product tags are clearly visible.
- Assists Packaging Line Operators/Packers in handling of material when needed.
- Accurately records quantity of each item to maintain correct inventory documentation when transferring materials from one location to another.
- Responsible for the daily inspection of P.I.T. equipment, maintaining vehicle upkeep and following all OSHA safety guidelines associated with driving a vehicle inside the facility.
- Responsible for the coordination and review of specific functional area BRC criteria. Ensure BRC protocols are implemented and audited as required. Ensure Food products meet safety, quality and legal requirements
Knowledge and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one month related experience. To perform this job successfully, must have knowledge of the facility inventory guidelines, record keeping and practices, and ERP/RF system.
It is essential to have excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to read and follow written work instructions.
Perform limited data entry into manufacturing software system
Must have basic math skills to add, subtract, and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Capacity to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. Floors are wet. Use of sharp knives is required to open bags, cartons and drums. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Dust and odor present in environment. Employee will operate a lift truck at various heights.