Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it#39;s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
PANEL OPERATOR Visually monitors and programs computer terminals, as well as operates all associated equipment in order to efficiently formulate, pelletize and direct all feeds to their proper bins. Must be able to dump micro components into correct bins, apply the correct quantities of fat to finished feeds, and be able to operate computerized and manual grinding equipment.
UTILITY OPERATOR This position should be proficient in operation of feed mill receiving, panel, pelletmill, dispatch, feed scheduling and QC coordinator jobs.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- PANEL OPERATOR Monitors all batching, grinding, and pelleting terminals and associated equipment to ensure an efficient, effective, timely mix of raw feed ingredients to product the best quality of feed possible. Follows all food safety, breeder, NAE and NICARB program procedures.
- Ensures that all feeds produced are made per their perspective formulas.
- Performs maintenance and cleaning of some equipment is required.
- Effectively communicates and cooperates with Quality Control, Mill management and Maintenance personnel. Requires some feed sampling.
- Coordinates feed production with dispatchers as related to feed orders and available bin space.
- UTILITY OPERATOR Requires training in all positions within the feedmil. Must be able to perform all duties on a panel operator, pelletmill operator, feed scheduler and QC coordinator.
- Must abide by all safety requirements and rules within the feed mill.
- High School or equivalent
- 2 years experience. Reading, writing and math skills required.
FEED MILL UTILITY OPERATOR
- 2 years experience. Mechanical background, basic PC skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Basic computer skills and a mechanical background preferred.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Occasional exposure to outside environmental temperature conditions. Significant amount of time spent in a stationary position making visual observations with occasional bending, stooping or climbing. Able to lift 100 lbs. Exposed to ingredient dust and high noise levels. Must wear required personal protective equipment per Company policy.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.