For more than half a century, we ve focused on a single mission at Custom Culinary: to create the finest-quality, most authentic bases, sauces and gravies for our foodservice and food processing customers. Developed by our culinary specialists to deliver made-from-scratch taste and inspired results in just minutes, our products bring exceptional aroma, flavor and consistency to all your signature dishes. True Taste begins with Custom Culinary.
Purpose of the Position
Responsible for the packaging of finished goods into cartons, pails and/or cups and palletize according to specifications.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Read and interpret production schedules in order to accurately pack Finished Goods and to assure correct carton and labels are being used.
- Erect and place labels on cartons
- Place correct number of pouches or cups into each carton
- Set-up, operate, and maintain Taper and Code Dater
- Stack cartons on pallets in correct tier configuration and layer count
- Record yield data
- Complete all training defined and made available for the current assigned role.
- Responsible for attending all training made available assuring full understanding of the training and have the ability to perform trained activities.
- Responsible for the coordination and review of specific functional area BRC criteria.
- Ensure BRC protocols are implemented and audited as required. Provide employee training as needed. Ensure Food products meet safety, quality and legal requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience:
Education and/or Experience
H.S. Diploma/GED Preferred; one-month related experience or training and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
It is essential to have excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
Ability to read and follow written work instructions.
Must have basic math skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Must be able to complete company s Forklift Certification program
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extremely cold temperatures and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Odor present in the environment.
Employee cannot have allergies to food.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 32 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The employee must be able to safely use an electric pallet jack and forklift.