Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it#39;s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
- Performs to the standards and expectations of the Mentor Program company metrics.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs to mentor program standards to acheive company goals and to increase new hire job satisfaction, engagement, and retention through new hire orientation and on-boarding experience.
- Provides effective mentoring to assigned mentees tracking progress of associate and ensuring at least 90 day retention.
- Meet each new hire in orientation or the first day of work after orientation.
- Communicate and address all concerns to the program oversight manager or appropriate member of management.
- Participate all 90 Day Graduation / Socials for your new hires
- Conduct employee survey#39;s and round table discussions to assess associate feedback and job satisfaction.
- Conduct new hire ramp-in#39;s to ensure all new hires acclimate ergonomically to their new positions; provide regular reports to HR Manager, Ops, and Safety Steering Committee on the program#39;s effectiveness.
- Complete all required checklists and paperwork.
- Attend all scheduled Mentor meetings and Developmental Trainings
- Maintain a positive and helpful deameaner (even in difficult situations) displaying professionalism and integrity while providing good customer service.
- Adheres to all safety requirements including PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), preventing and reporting unsafe acts and conditions.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment.
- Participates in Company and department safety programs.
High School or equivalent not required but beneficial.
Experience and Requirements
Worked a minimum of 6 months as a current full time Perdue associate.
Maintains good attendance with 2.5 points or less
No disciplinaries while serving as an active mentor.
Experience in poultry processing/manufacturing environment preferred.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to dust, feathers and all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company. Occasional exposure to carbon dioxide vapors 10ppm and chlorine less than 20 ppm. Able to stand for several hours. Work may include lifting (up to 50 lbs), reaching, bending, pushing boxes on conveyor assembly.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.