At Johnsonville, our members are responsible for everything! If you're passionate about making a difference, we want you to help make our products, our processes, our communities and each other better. Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand, featuring bratwurst, Italian, snack and breakfast sausages in fresh and fully cooked varieties. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, the company employs 1,800 members and remains privately owned today. Come join our family-owned company!
Finished Goods Line- Machine Operator - Line 1
Why This Is A Great Job For A Person Who Accepts Nothing Less Than Personal Greatness
Your contribution will ensure that Johnsonville products are of the highest quality and meet our defined standards of safety. You’ll learn about a variety of line processes, expanding your existing knowledge for application into the business of making sausage. There is unlimited opportunity for growth as you become an active contributor to the Finished Goods Line Team and assist your team in the quest for continual improvement.
The successful candidate will ensure compliance with safety, quality, and sanitation requirements. In addition, this candidate will establish and sustain effective relationships with all Members so that they may work together to promote innovation and cooperation in order to solve problems.
Why choose a career with Johnsonville?
- Great Company Culture
- You will become a Member of a Team and not just an employee
- We believe in the guiding principles of respect, trust, integrity, caring, ownership, appreciation, candor, humility, and innovation
- Opportunity for growth
- Great Compensation program
- Great Base Pay
- Monthly Bonus program eligibility immediately after hire with NO annual cap!
- Outstanding insurance package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage after 60 days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Incentives
- 401K eligibility after 90 days
- Discounted Johnsonville products
- Learn and operate all positions on the lines:
- Labeler and Wrapping Machines
- Casepacker / Quality Enhancement Specialist
- Casings / Meat Delivery
- Proper set up and teardown of equipment
- Operate all packaging equipment to support line operations
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Mechanical skills necessary for equipment set up and operation
- In depth knowledge of equipment functions and the ability to assist in troubleshooting
- Ability to read and understand a production schedule
- Basic mechanical aptitude
Skills and Competencies
- Must be able to complete production documentation accurately
- Identify and resolve potential problems
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to accurately perform SAP transactions and processes
- Must have desire to learn and grow and share information with fellow Members
- Willingness to continuously improve performance and job knowledge
- Take ownership for your personal safety and the safety of all Members working around you
- Must be able to identify Critical Control Points (CCPs) and maintain all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Must have a very keen eye for visual inspection purposes.
- Strong attention to detail as it relates to product quality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent attendance and performance record
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds
- Ability to stoop, bend and twist
- Ability to stand most of the shift and walk/stand constantly
- Proactive team player, dependable and detail oriented
- Willing to work in cold conditions
- External Candidates Only: Ability to pass a pre-employment, post offer drug screen, physical and background check
Line 1: 5:00am – 2:00pm (Overtime as production demands including weekends)
$18.04 - $20.16
How to Apply:
External candidates: Apply on line at http://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.