Position Summary, Essential Duties, and Responsibilities:
This position will perform various general duties/tasks such packing corndogs, making boxes, grooming, sorting quality defects and other duties as assigned. This position requires you to float to all the lines on the pack side. The heavy duties of this position require you to lift and palletize boxes up to 50 lbs. and operate a pallet jack. This position may be required to work on the fry side if a staffing need arises with proper training provided for general tasks in that area.
Job Requirements, Responsibilities, and tasks are written as follows:
- Attend morning huddle meeting
- Fill out and turn in safety card daily
- Identify, sort and throw away quality defects found in the product
- Pack corndogs
- Make boxes
- Stack cartons
- Grooming (straightening of the product)
- Weigh boxes
- Load boxes
- Bring materials such as gloves, cartons, tape guns etc. to the line as needed
- Lift boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Palletize boxes
- Operate a pallet jack
- Load hotdogs into the fryers.
- Load sticks into the fryers.
- Assist with general setup of the equipment.
- Bring materials such as sticks, gloves, aprons to the line as needed
- Create separation of product at the shaker tables using plastic scrapers
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned by Management at any time with or without notice.
- Wear appropriate PPE- frock, gloves, ear plugs, slip resistant boots, must be able to wash and sanitize hands to meet GMP Standards
- The physical requirements listed in this section include, but are not limited, to the motor/physical abilities and skills require of position in order to successfully undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to empower individuals with disabilities to undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to work with heat and smoke (from Fryers) environment
- Walk on slippery wet surfaces
- Climb small ladders or platforms
- Use small hand tools for assembly of equipment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear 8-9 hrs. per day.#160;
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move more than 65 lbs.#160;
- Must be able to stand for up to 8-9 hrs. per day.
- Punctual and good attendance.
- Good communication, math, reading and writing skills.
- Able to complete Quality, Safety training
- Able to work at a fast pace, repetitive and work environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and a diverse workforce.
- Must be flexible and able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Quality, safety minded, reliable, precise and self-motivated.
- Production, manufacturing or warehouse experience preferred
- Complete 2 week onboarding/training period
- Complete pallet jack training
- Pass a physical exam
Benefits & Incentives:
- $1.50/hr Perfect Attendance Bonus
- Weekly and Monthly Bonus Raffles - win up to $2500
- $1,000 Retention Bonus
- Health, Dental, Vison, Life, STD, LTD,
- Paid Holidays, PTO Time, & 401K