IA Cedar Rapids
Job Posting Title:
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
May perform a combination of the following duties based upon job assignment:
• Inspect, maintain repair and overhaul electromechanical and solid state electrical equipment, using a variety of electrical test equipment, meters, powered and non-powered tools and equipment.
• Install new electrical and electronic equipment and electrical wiring according to the National Electrical Code and company electrical standards.
• Maintain and repair electrical and electronic systems.
• Perform low voltage switching and operate generators in support of operations.
• Work safely and cooperatively with co-workers, contractors and the public.
• Lead a team in performing maintenance or repair work.
• Other related incidental work as needed.
• Comply with and practice proper equipment clearance procedures.
• Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environment regulations.
• Responsible for station lockout/tag out procedures as needed and as mandated by company policy.
• Additional responsibilities may include:
- Mechanical - Repair chain, belt and gear drives, bearings.
- Sheet Metal - Repair spouting, ducting, patch leaks.
- Pipefitting - Repair valves, traps, fittings, (steam, air, water leaks).
- Millwrights - Repair safety guarding, flooring (wood, concrete or metal), pneumatic systems, conveying systems (all types), milling equipment (rolls, aspirators, sifters, grinders etc.)
- Lubrication - Grease equipment and change oil.
- General - Respond to security and fire alarm systems.
- Misc. - rebuild gearboxes, motors, pneumatic assemblies, etc
- Other duties as assigned.
• Methods, equipment and materials used in the electrical trade.
• General knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations.
• Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Basic First Aid procedures.
• Principles of electronic theory as applied to electrical and electronic circuits, wiring and electrical equipment used in an industrial environment.
• Theory of operation and use of Programmable Logic Control (PLC) units and other computer based equipment. Knowledge of RS Logix 5, 500, 5000 & RS Linx, Device Net, & RS View to troubleshoot equipment.
• Knowledge of plc#39;s, motors and motor controls, transformers and control circuits.
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Work from blueprints, shop drawings and sketches.
• Work independently with little direction.
- Install, including programming, and troubleshooting PLC based equipment
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- This position does not have direct reports, but works closely with Lab Technician, Group Leader and provides leadership to other plant personnel using strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a recognized vocational education program in electrical or industrial electrical or industrial training -OR- completion of a recognized Electrical Apprenticeship Program. Two years#39; journey-level experience as an electrician in the industrial maintenance field.
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification required.
- Forklift and scissor lift certification required.
- Working knowledge of production equipment, preventative maintenance concepts, food safety practices, and employee safety requirements.
- Must be able to use packaging equipment in the plant and standard office equipment including copier, scanner, mobile / handle held device, and personal computer
- Requires climbing, standing, sitting, reaching, bending and lifting heavy objects in awkward and sometimes tight spaces using proper lifting and rigging techniques.
- Must be able to frequently lift and or move 35 pounds; occasionally lift and move 50 lbs. Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects including keyboards, small hardware, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements include close, distance, color and peripheral vision and depth perception / focus abilities.
- Subject to exposure to fumes, dust and vibration.
- Subject to exposure to high noise levels requiring hearing protection.
- Subject to working near moving parts of heavy machinery and low / mid voltage equipment where the use of appropriate protective/safety equipment is required.
- May be subject to after duty call-ins.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The Company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.